Słomka (pronounced Swomka)
The word słomka means "hay".
This family is connected by a marriage between Kaspar Szocinski
and Antonina Słomka in Gniezno in 1874. Antonina Słomka was born on 12 May 1856, the daughter of Jan Słomka and Marianna
Nowak from Dziekanowice, just west of Gniezno. Jan Słomka was listed as tabernotor or innkeeper.
Słomka Family from Dziekanowice
Children of Jan Słomka and Hedwig Przybysłaska
- Jan Baptist Słomka, born 28 Jun 1818 in Dziekanowice. His first marriage was to the widow Marcianna de Nowaczyk, 1st marriage to Bardina, from Woźniki on 16 Jan 1842 in St. Wawrzyniec Parish in Gniezno.They had these children there:
- Marcianna Słomka, born 18 Dec 1842 in Woźniki.
- Walenty Słomka, born 25 Jan 1844 in Woźniki. He married Teofila Wize on 22 Sep 1867. Thez had one child, Józef Słomka born 30 Nov 1867 in Dziekanowice. It appears that Teofila died and Walenty married Józefa Małkowiak in Węglowo parish in 1871. They had these children in Dziekanowice:
- Bronisława Słomka born 17 Aug 1875.
- Marcianna Słomka born 10 Oct 1878. She married Franciszek Budzynski in Dziekanowice in 1899.
- Piotr Słomka born 2 Mar 1890.
Marcianna Nowaczyk Słomka died on 2 Feb 1844 after the birth of Walenty of post partum complications. Jan Baptist Słomka then married Marinanna Nowakowska from Dziekowice in Dziekanowice Parish on 9 July 1844. They had these children:
- Franciszka Słomka born 29 Nov 1845 in Wozniki, parish of Sw. Wawrzyniec in Gniezno.
- Jan Słomka born 14 May 1851. Married Marianna Nowaczyk in Dziekanowice in 1877.
- Viktoria Słomka born 4 Dec 1891.
- Franciszek Słomka born 19 Sep 1853 in Dzienkanowice. In this entry Jan Słomka was listed as a tabernator or innkeeper. He married Katarzyna Czerniak in Sw. Wawrzyniec Parish on 14 Nov 1875. The marriage also appeares in Holy Trinity Parish in Gniezno as well. They had these children there (listed in the parish books of Holy Trinity which included some entries from St. Wawrzyniec)..
- Teofil Słomka born 12 Oct 1876 in Dalki. Kaspar Szociński was his godfather.
- Marcinin Słomka born 9 Nov 1878 in Dalki, parish of St Wawrzyniec. Godparents were Jan Słomka, gospodarz from Siemianowo and Wyktoria Tomaszewska, wife of a shepard from Dalki.
- Jan Słomka born 23 May 1881 in Gniezno, parish of St. Wawrzyniec. Godfather was Józef Słomka, operanus from Piechowo.
- Theola Słomka born 18 May 1883 in Gniezno, parish of St. Wawrzyniec.Godparents were Józef Matusiak, operanus from Dalki and Antonina Szocińska, operana from Gniezno.
- Weronika Słomka born 30 Jul 1890 in Immacualate Conception Parish in South Chicago. Godparents were Stanisław Rolewicz and Antonona Szocińska.
- Józef Słomka born 10 May 1892 in St. Michael Parish in South Chicago. Godfather was Kaspar Szociński.
Katarzyna Słomka died in South Chicago on 2 June 1894. Frank Słomka later married Agnieszka nee Walczak Trojanowska in
Immaculate Conception church in South Chicago on 29 Jan 1895 and had a son Wyncenty in 1896 and a son Piotr on 1 Jul 1898. Agnes Słomka died the day after childbirth on 2 Jul 1898. After Agnes' death, Frank Słomka married Antonina nee Cieszniewska Janiak in St. Michael Parish in South Chicago and had a daughter Stanisława in 1899. Frank Słomka died in Chicago on 4 Mar 1903 from Tuberculosis at 8428 Mackinaw in South Chicago and is buried at Holy Cross Cemetery in Calumet City.
- Antonina Słomka born 18 May 1856 in Dziekanowice. In this entry Jan Słomka was listed as a tabernator or innkeeper. She married Kaspar Szociński in St. Michał Parish in Gniezno in 1874 and had one son Józef born there in 1875. This family emmigrated to South Chicago in 1886.
- Anna Słomka born 25 Jul 1858 in Dziekanowice. In this entry Jan Słomka was listed as a tabernator or innkeeper.
- Józef Słomka born 20 Sep 1860 in Dziekanowice. He married Julianna Bukowska, daughter of Szymon Bukowski and Marianna Polakowska on 15 Jun 1887 in Immaculate Conception Parish in South Chicago. They had these children:
- Martha Słomka born 27 May 1888 in Immaculate Conception Parish in South Chicago. Her godparents were Stanisław Nowakowski and Antonina Szocińska. Martha married Thomas Fulton in Chicago on 7 Nov 1906. She died on 23 Aug 1920 in Chicago.
- Władisław "Walter" Słomka born 13 Jul 1890 in Immaculate Conception Parish in South Chicago. His godparents were Frank Słomka and Paulina Korecka.
- Wyncent Słomka born 9 Apr 1893 in Immaculate Conception Parish in South Chicago. His godparents were Paweł Korecki and Leokadia Bukowska.
- Jan Słomka born 13 Jan 1895 in Immaculate Conception Parish in South Chicago. He died after 16 days.
- Bołesława Słomka born 5 Apr 1896 in Immaculate Conception Parish in South Chicago. Her godparents were Paulina Korecka and Jan Bukowski.
- Michał Słomka born 25 Aug 1897 in Immaculate Conception Parish in South Chicago. He died 11 April 1898.
- Celia Słomka born 11 Sep 1900in Immaculate Conception Parish in South Chicago. Her godparents were Józef Czaplecki and Agnes Nowakowska.
Józef Słomka died on 15 Mar 1906 from Tuberculosis at 317 Chicago Avenue in Chicago and is buried at Holy Cross Cemetery in Calumet City. .
- Peter Słomka born Jul 1863, died on 29 Nov 1863
Andrzej Słomka, born 29 Nov 1824 in Dziekanowice. He married Marcianna Ratajczak.
- Marianna Słomka, born 19 Mar 1856 in Dziekanowice. Married Michał Kaczmarek in Dziekanoice in 1878.
- Franciszka Słomka born ABT 1857 marriaed Michał Nowak in Dziekanowice in 1880.
- Michał Słomka born 9 Sep 1859 in Dziekanowice.
- Nepomucina Słomka born ABT 1862 married Piotr Woźniak in Dziekanowice in 1887
- Konstancia Słomka born 31 Jan 1864 in Dziekanowice.
- Marcianna and Veronika Słomka born 6 Jan 1866 in Dziekanowice.
- Stanisław Słomka born 13 Aug 1870 in Dziekanowice. He died on 18 Oct 1873.
- Piotr Słomka born ABT 1872 in Dziekanowice. He died 8 Feb 1874.
- Józef Słomka born 6 Feb 1874 in Dziekanowice.
Marianna Słomka born ABT 1827 in Dziekanowice. First marriage to Marcin Czekalski in Dziekanowice in 1849. Second marriage in 1851 to Michał Klawitter (widower, 27).
- Jan Kalwitter born 1851. He married Antonina Kujawski in 1877 appearing in the Kłecko civil records office.
Stefan Słomka, born 1 Jan 1833 in Dziekanowice. Married Julianna Trawka, widow from Dęblowo on 2 May 1858 in Modliszewko Parish. She was the widow of Tomasz Trawka married in Modliszewo in 1850. Her maiden name was Wyrozumialska: Stefan Słomka and Julianna Wyrozumialska had these children in Dziekanowice:
- Marianna Słomka born 1861. She married Antoni Jablonski in Modliszewko parish in 1881
- Józefa Słomka born 1863. She married Walenty Majewski in Modliszewko parish in 1883.
- Anastasia Słomka born 1865. She married Jakób Kozlowski in Modliszewko parish in 1895.
- Elżbieta Słomka born 1869. She married Mathias Kryszak in Modliszewko parish in 1892.
- Pelagia Słomka born 1872. She married Walenty Kobielski in Modliszewko parish in 1893.
- Jakób Słomka, born 9 Jul 1835 in Dziekanowice. He married Marianna Pluta from Siemianowo 25 Sep 1859 in Dziekanowice Parish.
- Franciszek Słomka 21 Sep 1864 is Siemianowo. He married Augustyna Kupiec in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in Nov 1898. They had a few children in St. Michael Parish in South Chicago:
- Weronika Słomka born 12 Jan 1896. Godparents were Kaspar Szociński and Rozalia Rolewicz.
- Michał Słomka born 12 Sep 1897. Godparents were Frank Słomka and Antonina nee Słomka Szocińska, wife of Kaspar.
- Józef Słomka born 12 Mar 1899. Godparents were Józef Szociński, son of Kaspar Szociński and Antonina nee Słomka and Antonina Słomka.
- Marianna Słomka born 22 Nov 1865 in Siemianowo. She married Antoni Piesecki in Dziekanowice in 1891.
- Jan Słomka born 29 Oct 1868 in Siemianowo. He married Mary Dobecka on 16 Apr 1907 in LaPorte County Indiana.
- Wojciech Słomka born 22 Mar 1872 in Siemianowo. His godfather was Szymon Słomka
- Stanisław Słomka born 24 Apr 1873 in Siemianowo.
- Marcianna Słomka, born ABT 1875 married Anton Bemaczak in Dziekanowice in 1898.
- Andrzej Słomka born 25 Oct 1877 in Siemianowo.
- Pelagia Słomka, born ABT 1878 married Marcin Osowski in Dzekanowice in 1899.
Szymon Słomka, born 9 Oct 1840 married Marcianna Budziak in Sw. Michał Parish in Gniezno in 1873 under the name Szymon Słomkowski. He later married Tekla Piskorska nee Paluskiewicz in Dziekanowice in 1890 in Zydowo Parish also appearing in the Malczewo civil registry. Szymon Słomka and Marcianna Budziak had these children in Dziekanowice:
- Wladisław Słomka born 25 Oct 1874.
- Kazimiera Słomka born 4 Mar 1876.